To perform echo sounding, SV "PMGE" uses the multi-beam echo-sounder "ATLAS HYDROSWEEP MD / 30".
The multi-beam echo-sounder "ATLAS HYDROSWEEP MD / 30"
"ATLAS HYDROSWEEP MD / 30" is a multibeam echo- sounder with operating frequencies in the range of 24 - 30 kHz and very high resolution, suitable for performance of surveying works at medium as well as at large depths - from 5 to 7 000 meters. In addition to the bathymetric information in the depth range from 10 to 7,500 meters, the ATLAS HYDROSWEEP MD / 30 delivers side-scanning sonar data and backscatter data for the classification of bottom soil, and identifies objects in the water column and can function as a parametric bottom profiler.
Main technical characteristics:
|Type||«ATLAS HYDROSWEEP MD/30»|
|Manufacturer||«Atlas Hydrographic» GmbH (Germany)|
|Basic operating frequency||24 êÃö|
|Depth range, m||5 - 7 000 ì|
|Transmission beam width||1,5°|
|Receiving beam width||1,5°|
|Sector of coverage||140°|
|Maximum coverage bandwidth
(the distance on the straight between the extreme rays)
|300% of the depth (but not more than 6,500 m)|
|Software||ATLAS HYDROMAP CONTROL;
HYPACK & HYSWEEP Software
Parts of the equipment:
• Receiving antenna RX
• Transmitting antenna TX
• Analog and digital electronic connection units
• Sea-cock sensor c-keel Valeport Modus SVS
• Data collection workstation HP Z4200, data processing workstation HP Z4200 with preinstalled HYPACK software
• Portable sound velocity profiler «PLUS•X».
Hydrographic seabed survey
For hydrographic seabed survey the Stock Venture «PMGE» uses the deep sea hydrographic echosounder «NAVISOUND 420DS».
Deep sea hydrographic echosounder «NAVISOUND 420DS».
Main technical characteristics:
|Manufacturer||«RESON» A/S (Denmark)|
|Operating frequencies, kHz||11 è 200|
|Accuracy||11 êHz - 10 ñm, 200 êHz - 1 ñm|
In its work, SV PMGE uses the sound velocity profiler "Plus • X" of the company "AML Oceanographic" (Canada).
Sound velocity profiler «Plus • X»
The sound velocity profiler "Plus • X" is a data recording device with several sensors of the X-series family. It is mainly designed to produce profiles at great depths using a winch.
The "Plus • X" device has one main port of the Xchange ™ sensor (conductivity or sound velocity), as well as two auxiliary ports of the Xchange ™ sensor (temperature and pressure). Additional ports of the Xchange sensor, up to five digital ports or up to 10 analog ports, can be added by the manufacturer on demand.
The device "Plus • X" is able to register continuously for 2 days with fresh alkaline batteries. The actual service life varies depending on the installed sensors. The sampling rate is programmed by time (25 Hz for every 24 hours), by pressure (0.1 bar or more) or by the velocity of sound (0.1 m / s or more). Upon registration with a time interval of 25 seconds or more, the device is turned off in the interval between sampling to conserve battery power.
Data exchange with the device is performed using RS-232 or RS-485 connectors. The device can be powered from both internal and external sources.
Main technical characteristics:
|Basic sensors Xchange™|
|Conductivity Xchange™||from 0 to 70 μS / cm||± 10 μS / cm||± 3 μS / cm||1 μS / cm||25 ms at a flow rate of 1 m / s|
|Conductivity Xchange™||from 0 to 2 μS / cm||± 10 μS / cm||± 0.6 μS / cm||0.1 μS / cm||25 ms at a flow rate of 1 m / s|
|SV Xchange™||from 1375 to 1625 m / s||± 0.025 m / s||± 0.006 m / s||0.001 m / s||47 ms|
|Auxiliary sensors Xchange™|
|Temperature Xchange™||-2 ° C to 32 ° C||±0,005°C||±0,003°C||0,001°C||100 ms|
|Temperature Xchange™||îò -2°C to 45°C||±0,008°C||±0,004°C||0,001°C||100 ms|
|Pressure Xchange™||50, 100, 200,
5000 and 6000
|± 0,05% of full scale||± 0,003% of full scale||0,002% of full scale||10 ms|
|Turbidity Xchange™||100, 400, 1000 è 3000 nephelometric turbidity unit||±1%, ±1%, ±2% and ±5% responses||0,1, 0,2, 0,5 and 1,0 nephelometric turbidity unit||0,01, 0,01, 0,1 and 0,1 nephelometric turbidity unit||700 ms|
|Type||Required sensors||The equation||Accuracy||Range|
|Salinity||C.X, T.X, P.X||EOS80||± 0.010 PSU (practical salinity units)||0 - 42 PSU|
|Salinity||SV.X, T.X, P.X||AML '07||± 0.035 parts per trillion||0 - 42 parts per trillion|
Sound velocity profiler “miniSVP” (produced by Valeport Ltd. company, UK) are uses by specialists of SE PMGE for determination the exact value of sound velocity.
Sound velocity profiler "miniSVP"
Sound velocity profiler "miniSVP" suits for operation both on remotely operated underwater vehicles (ROV), and on launches or boats. The profiler is convenient and easy to use and is considered one of the most accurate and reliable sound speed profilers in the world.
To avoid damage during deployment, the device is placed in a protective mesh container made of stainless ste
The miniSVP prophyler is equipped with three sensors: a sound velocity sensor in water, a temperature sensor and a pressure sensor.el, to which is also fastened the rope cable necessary to lower the profiler into the water.
There are two modes for data collection:
▪ Continuous: Recording data at a frequency of 1, 2, 4, or 8 Hz
▪ Profile: Recording data at a specified frequency while plunging / lifting the device throughout the water column. In this case, the data recording takes place practically at each point, which, in the aggregate, forms the so-called sound velocity profile (sound velocity values during descent / ascent). The profiler works autonomously (from the battery). The collected data is transferred to a personal computer using an RS 232 cable after the profiler has been lifted from the water. The kit includes Windows-based software DataLog Express. The profiler has a built-in flash memory with the ability to store more than 10 million data lines (the equivalent is 10,000 profiles per 500 m, with a profile resolution of 1 m).
The main technical characteristics of the device:• Housing material - steel
• Memory capacity - 10 million lines of data
• Range of working depths - 1 000 m
• Data transfer rate - 4 800-460800 baud
• Sound velocity sensor in water:
Range - 1375-1900 m / s
Resolution - 0.001 m / s
Accuracy of velocity determination ± 0,02 m / s
• Temperature sensor:
Range of operation from -5 ° Ñ to 35 ° Ñ
Accuracy of temperature determination ± 0.4 ° Ñ
Resolution - 0.001 ° Ñ
• Pressure sensor:
Range of operation - 100 bar
Accuracy of pressure determination - ± 0.05% of the range
Resolution - 0.001% of the range
• General characteristics
Power - internal, 1 battery type C (1.5 V).
For bathymetric works and bottom profiling SV PMGE uses the bottom profiler "Bathy 2010" manufactured by SyQuest Technology Inc.(USA).
Bottom profiler "Bathy 2010"
"Bathy 2010" is a bottom profiler of high resolution based on Windows XP. Designed for geophysical marine work at great depths, in coastal waters and open sea. With the profiler, you can obtain a bottom profile with a resolution of up to 8 cm when profiling the bottom to 300 meters. The bottom profiler "Bathy 2010" can work with automatic or manual control.
This system is able to display the received information in real time, as well as simultaneously digitize the depths, print and record digital data into memory. The Ethernet interface (CAT5 / 100 MB) can be used for recording (as well as for dubbing recording) of processed data in SEG-Y format or raw data on the hard disk . For hydrographic applications, Bathy 2010 uses sophisticated algorithms for peak detection of automatic mode signals: improved reception, bottom tracking, pulse width and power level control significantly reduce energy horizontal controls, greatly decreasing the probability of inaccurate bottom tracking.
The main characteristics of the bottom profiler "Bathy 2010":
• Manufacturer - «SyQuest Technology» Inc.
• The type of system - a hard bottom profiler and a bathymetry with linear FM
• Weight of the above-water part in the air (excluding the winch), 77 kg
• Power supply - 110/220 Â, 50/60 Ãö, 300 Âò
• Frequency adjustment step, kHz - bandwidth 1, 2 and 4
• Frequency, kHz - 12 (hunting from 10 to 14 kHz)
• The maximum pulse repetition rate, imp / s - 4
• Maximum / minimum pulse width, ms - 0.1 to 0.5
• Kind of energy source - array TR-109 9- 16 @ 3.5 kHz or I TC / 12/34 or TC-12NB @ 12 kHz
• Maximum output power, kW – 2
• Beamwidth of the converter, deg - from 18 to 50
• Maximum resolution, cm – 8
• Maximum penetration, m – 200
• Digital data formats - SEG-Y raw.